An offset tool would be very helpful.
I'd like to have lines that are offset by different distances. Or sometime I'd like to have slightly bigger or smaller version of a shape and keep the two shapes a certain distance from each other.
Examples: (1) repeating lines each offset from each other at different distances and (2) target bullseyes (for shapes).
The offset tool would be able to:
- select an existing line segment or even a whole shape
- ...using the previous selection as a reference...
- place another line segment (or shape) a certain distance from the original
Ideally, inputing the distance for this new offset line/shape could be done by:
- keyboard: inputing a number (
-5pt) and then pressing
- mouse: or using the cursor to place the new line (or shape)