individual borders, auto-layout and prototyping

I'm a figma user and I decided to take the test on Lunacy.

Lunacy is very organized (congratulations) but the functions leave a lot to be desired, for example:

We don't have the option of individual borders (we can only affect all the corners), the auto-layout option is sorely lacking for us designers and also the prototyping option is buggy because it doesn't reproduce correctly and also doesn't have many animations like figma has.

This prevents me from using Lunacy for now. hug!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • PaulusPaulus Posts: 89Administrator

Hey guys!

I'm excited to let you know that we've included this task in our summer OKR, and it will be completed before the start of autumn. I also want to share the design of what we've come up with 😄

• I'll give my opinion based on your answer:

I know that adding new functions involves much more than just ideas, it involves UX/UI, it involves front-end and back-end developers...

But wait 1 year to implement these features in Lunacy, with the competitor figma so advanced and now bought by Adobe, you will only be losing more users because I think these features must be thought about urgently or Lunacy will simply fail.

See you in 1 year, hugs!!!

• MZedMZed Posts: 1Member

Hello.

I don't understand the answer regarding non-rectangle shapes (In fact, yes, I do, but...).

Lunacy isn't Inkscape, Illustrator or any other graphic design application. And that's fine.

A non-rectangular shape can be made with a clip-path or be the result of a "transformation"...

But there's no requirement here to be able to adjust or style, every edge of complex polygons (which can be done anyway, but in a trickiest way).

I agree to @samux. (And sure, I'm not alone).

We - I think I can say We - "only" want to define styles as CSS allows (and standards defined by 3WC). Main WP's builders/plugins can do this.

I'm not asking or wishing for Lunacy to become a pure "WYSIWYG website builder".

Lunacy promises and claims to be a complete web design tool and seems to be seriously in the game (I've been using it since its launch, so, thx).

Ok, but... Some essential elements are sorely lacking.

You're offering a web design application, but you've forgotten a few CSS fundamentals?

More than a lack, it's a fault.

So, excuse me if I'm wrong @samux, but I think we pretty much share the same idea.

We (web designers) just want Lunacy to give the possibility to define separately the 4 borders of the html/css box model (+content/box-sizing toggle ?). Even in a parametric/visual way, that would be great. (I'm checking each update, hoping this addition.)

Regards.

MZ

• PaulusPaulus Posts: 89Administrator

Returning to the question of prototyping, unfortunately, we are not ready to start their serious overhaul yet. However, in our summer OKR, we will completely revamp the prototype viewer using a new rendering engine. I understand that this may not be exactly what you were expecting, but in the future, we will definitely improve this functionality. Stay tuned!

• Hi guys

Thank you for providing this update on the development progress. It's great to know that you are actively working on individual borders;

• GeorgGeorg Posts: 20Member, Moderator

Hi!

Individual borders are not yet planned, since it introduces some problems with non-rectangle shapes.

Autolayout is currently under development.

Prototyping animations won't be here for some time. We want to do that, but at least a year from now.