Set pivot point

When changing size of a shape, it would be very helpful to have an option to set a pivot point for the transformation.

Right now the pivot is in the top-left corner and I see no way to change that. It's super inconvenient for everything except simple boxes.

I was surprised to find no mention of a "pivot" in the documentation, as it's such a fundamental feature of most vector editors.

Tagged:

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • aa1qq1aa1qq1 Posts: 109Administrator

@Eskel Hi!

Indeed, there is no way to change pivot point yet. However you can hold down Alt / ⌥ while dragging to resize the layer from the center. I think that the pivot point in the top-left corner and center is suitable for most cases. But if enough people vote for this feature request, we'll consider adding a pivot point setting.

• EskelEskel Posts: 3Member
    edited October 19 Vote Up0Vote Down

@aa1qq1 Thanks for the reply, but the method you suggest doesn't apply when you need change multiple shapes at once, via the width and height inputs. I needed to try various sizes of dozens of circles, while retaining their position (aligned to the middle). It just couldn't be done.

Also there are shapes that would benefit from more advanced pivots, like triangle and pentagon (where simple xy middle isn't the center).

• aa1qq1aa1qq1 Posts: 109Administrator

@Eskel Adding such functionality is quite a complex task and there are many tasks with higher priority at the moment. If many users request this functionality in the future, we will consider adding this feature, but for now we have no plans to add it.