Request for a Code Highlighter Feature

Introduction:

As an active user of Lunacy and someone who uses text a lot in my designs, I'd like to propose the addition of a Code Highlighter feature within our beloved design tool (either as an add-on or an integrated tool).

Key Features:

1. Syntax Highlighting: The Code Highlighter would support popular programming languages and offer a variety of customizable syntax highlighting options
  2. Customization Options: We could choose from predefined color themes or create our own, ensuring that the code highlighting aligns with our design aesthetics.
  3. Real-Time Preview: Making design decisions would be easier with a real-time preview of the code snippet, allowing us to fine-tune the presentation until it's just right.

How It Works:

1. Select Code Snippet: select the code snippet in our design canvas that we want to highlight.
  2. Apply Highlighting: Access the Code Highlighter tool, then choose a preferred syntax highlighting option and colors.
  3. Real-Time Preview: As changes are being made, a real-time preview would show exactly how the code snippet will look with the chosen highlighting.
  4. Export or Save: Once satisfied, the designer could export the highlighted code snippet or save it within their design project.

I think that's about it.

Comments