Press Alt + Mouse Click to select "Layer/Object which LOCKED".

that would be useful to select some unknown real status object.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • (Hello. New user here.

I'm experienced with Adobe XD and I'm working on possibly transitioning to Lunacy instead. Nice program, good job!)

___

So far, I'm finding it very frustrating not being to simply click and select locked objects in the viewport, like XD lets us do.

XD seems to have dealt with this issue really intuitively. It allows selecting a mixture of locked and unlocked objects by dragging a box with the Move Tool or SHIFT+LMB to add objects to your current selection.

In XD, with a mixed selection of locked and unlocked objects, the locked objects are automatically deselected when we move the selection via arrow key nudge or dragging with Move Tool.

In my own workflow I tend to lock and unlock objects very frequently, for various reasons. Working in Lunacy now, my tendency is to avoid locking objects because they're cumbersome to find again and unlock. This means I have to work slower and more carefully, top-toeing around unlocked objects, which I would prefer to have locked, but they're kept unlocked due to the hassle of needing to hunt for them in the Left Panel when I inevitably need to edit them.

Please consider making it easier/faster to select (and unlock) locked objects.

• AlexAlex Posts: 332Member

Hello!

Alt is already taken for duplication.

But we could really think about some UX of selecting for locked objects except selecting at the tree.

• The suggestion to unlock objects could follow the same reasoning adopted by Adobe Illustrator, whose tool makes it possible to lock/unlock objects with the right button, in addition, when hovering the mouse pointer over the locked object, it displays a padlock indicating that it is inactive for editing.