I need invert zoom to use this full time!

I've been designing for almost 4 years now and I've worked with brands like burger king and devant. For the majority of my career, I've used Sketch on mac, and now I'm on Figma. Both of them have the option to invert the zoom direction. More specifically, when you press ctrl + scroll down, it should zoom in instead of zoom out and vice versa. This is honestly the only thing keeping me from using this A LOT. It's such an amazing tool and I would like to thank you so much for making this! Thanks!

Sorry, I tried to find out how to request for a feature and this is the best way I could.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • MrMattSimMrMattSim Posts: 33Member
    edited July 2021 Vote Up1Vote Down

I can relate. This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. So I've got a variety of solutions for you that work for any app.

1 . Check your existing System Settings, and Mouse Software or driver

Many mouse drivers can invert their wheel input. Mine is Logictech, and accompanying software "Logitech Options" can invert the wheel input globally or per application.

Also, Windows 10 touch pad has the ability to invert scroll direction, if you're crazy enough to be using a touchpad for drawing.

2 . Use X-Mouse Button Control

It's a bit out of date, but works like a charm. You can invert the scroll direction on any mouse input per application or globally. This is mostly for cases where the mouse is old or doesn't have good software.

3 . Use AutoHotKey to override the input.

I use it to make Zoom the default behaviour for Wheel scrolling, instead of Ctrt+Wheel, like so:

; Lunacy
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    #IfWinActive ahk_exe Lunacy.exe
    	; Map Wheel to do Ctrl+Wheel
    	WheelUp::^WheelUp
    	WheelDown::^WheelDown

; Map Ctrl+Wheel to do Wheel
    	^WheelUp::WheelUp
    	^WheelDown::WheelDown
    #IfWinActive

But for your case, it would only work for Ctrl+Wheel, because you probably wouldn't want the scrolling inverted for the entire app (ie: including listboxes and other inputs.)

This script would simply invert Ctrl+Wheel to do the opposite of whatever the system settings are:

; Lunacy
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    #IfWinActive ahk_exe Lunacy.exe
    	; Invert Ctrl+Wheel
    	^WheelUp::^WheelDown
    	^WheelDown::^WheelUp
    #IfWinActive