Icons missing when loading again

Hello,

I took over an existing sketch file which had libraries included in Sketch. I included the libraries as UI Kits (3 icon libs and another one for Material Components which are Sketch files, too) into the project as described in the documentation.

At the beginning, all looked fine. But now, after editing the file and adding some new components, I'm having the problem that the components from the libraries (UI Kits) are reported as missing again and again, although having saved everything successfully one day ago with the icon/component displayed.

I know this has been reported an issue of older versions, but I'm using 6.7 - the current newest version - and I see the problem again. Might there be a regression or maybe a new problem? And can I somehow fix the refs for the whole file in one go as an interim solution?

Meanwhile, I really fear I'll have to grab a company Mac and go back to "some other software" which would exclude other team members from working together and I'd have to redo all my work until now.

Tagged:

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nadine_PeNadine_Pe Posts: 3Member
    edited February 2021 Vote Up1Vote Down

Hey, the first and last version with which I was using lunacy was definitely 6.7.

I fixed the problem by re-adding all the icons which were missing again from the UI Kits which took me quite a while. I thought the error is gone and not reproduceable anymore, but today I see the issue again: from one change to the other, the icon references were lost again.

I fortunately checked the designs in with git and was able to download the file from the cloud again including the correctly working icon references, but always some work gets lost, and the most annoying problem is that I haven't found a way to fix the icons again in one go. I have both versions but can't provide them as there is too much sensitive data attached. Errors weren't reported by the application.

I think it might have to do something with copying components, but still not reproduceable.

• AlexAlex Posts: 332Member

Hello!

Did this problem take place after resaving document at Lunacy 6.7? Or you found it after opening your document at Lunacy 6.7 (before editing)?  

What was the last version you saved your document successfully? 

• Meanwhile, I unpacked the sketch file and did a diff between the broken version and the good version.

Since the good version, only some artboards and components were added via lunacy, but the broken document is much smaller than the good one (3.7KB vs. 5.1KB).

When comparing both, I see that roughly speaking 20000 lines of foreign symbols are missing, and not just one complete block, they are spread over multiple blocks. So it must have to do something with the saving.

edited February 2021 Vote Up0Vote Down

Nadine_Pe

It'll be great if you find it possible to share both versions(the good and broken ones) with us. Please send it to lunacy@icons8.com for privacy. It'll help us to find the reason for this issue.

• @Alex

Hi again Alex,

I have more updates on this. The Lunacy 6.8 which I referred to in my previous posts was downloaded from the Microsoft Store (thus a UWP App). I reinstalled Lunacy but this time using the x64 Installer instead. I can confirm that I no longer get missing components from the UI kit. I suspect the UWP version of Lunacy may be the issue. I will get back to you if the problem arises again. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Hi AkuKaku!

Thank you for the extra data about this case. We'll discover this issue.

• Hey all,

I confirm that I am having this problem as well. Adding symbols from UI Kits (in my case from Google Material) leads to them going missing after loading the file again. See attachment for sample:

I would love if you could shine some light onto this, like Nadine mentioned, it is really cumbersome to replace all icons again once you resume working on the file. Would love to hear from from you!

Thank you.

AkuKaku

What version of Lunacy your file was created with? Was it edited with the same version?

• @Alex

Thanks for your reply. I am using Lunacy 6.8, recently downloaded a few days ago. I can confirm the file was edited with the same version.