Single line has incorrect id in the saved SVG

RednasRednas Posts: 7Member
edited January 2021 in Declined Vote Up1Vote Down

For single line text g>path is used but the id holds the text instead of the actual id.

This makes it hard and sometimes even impossible to read the actual text because:

1. Text element must be selected by tag (g>g) instead of id (g>#text). What if you have multiple g tags?
  2. Id is not allowed to have special like whitespace or : or -:

Perhaps a solution could be to make it similar to multi line texts (g>g>path)!

This will not solve the unusable id's however. Something like below could do that (I suggested this yesterday but was moved to outdated because of the possibility that the font is not supported.

In most scenario's when the font is not supported it will be replaced b by the default font by the viewer. This is not ideal because of the manual xy positioning of the text(s). Best therefore is to use a font which is supported by the viewer. Perhaps an option to save text as path and an option to save text as text?

Tagged:

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • AlexAlex Posts: 332Member

Your previous topic was moved to outdated because there is no BUG to fix. 

We made this structure to make designers sure that their work will look the same at any device because we had a bad experience with a text saved as text.

So, I'm moving this topic to the Feature request branch. It'll be nice if you find it possible to add/correct description to make it look like a feature request.

• I made a new request for saving text as text>tspan as a side option for g>g>path.

I am sorry to disagree but I still think the id is missing for the single line text. (id is actually used for a trimmed version of text)

Perhaps add a g container to store the text id similar to multiline?

• AlexAlex Posts: 332Member

Ok.

I'll move this topic to the Declined not to duplicate requests and split votes.

You could connect me via pm to copy part or full discussion to the new topic about this feature.